Thursday, August 9, 2012

Uncle John

Just recently my Uncle John passed away.  He was my Pippie's brother who was gay so never had any children.  He was a smart, kind and wonderful man who loved the arts and cultural institutions just like I do.  Him and I always connected over this and I knew that he was proud that I worked at Phoenix Art Museum.  He worked for many years at Greenfield Village and I know that I will take Reese there sometime once she is a little older.  My Uncle John painted and I am happy to say that my Mom was able to send me some of his paintings to hang in my house and also his nativity because I didn't have one. 

Apparently, my Uncle John also liked to purchase Disney movies.  My Mom shipped a box that arrived on Monday filled with all kinds of Disney VHS tapes that were never opened.  Reese could not be more excited!  I have a VCR in my bedroom so she instantly grabbed Snow White (which she was asking me to watch over the weekend but we didn't have a copy) and jumped into my bed.  That night we watched part of Cats and a Disneyland Sing-a-Long from the early ninety's.  This is now Reese's favorite thing to do.  She makes everything just perfect on my bed and tells me where I should be.  I love that I can share these movies with her and know that my Uncle John is looking down and enjoying them with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment