Monday, August 13, 2012

Birthday

So, I entered into the last year of my twenties on my birthday in July.  Reese was awesome and sang "Happy Birthday" to me in the morning and I was able to record it.  She also decided that she could do her own hair that day, hence all the bows above.

At work, my lunchtime friend took me to Food Truck Fridays in downtown Phoenix.  I had an amazing dog from Shortleash and then some great honey ginger tea in a mason jar from another truck.  It was hotter than hot but the food was amazing and they do a pretty good job with shade, fans and misters to keep you cool.  The education department brought in Tammy Coe cupcakes which were to-die-for!  And then we had a short happy hour at George and Dragon before I had to pick up Reese from summer camp.  Reese and I tried out Lucky Boys burgers, which is right by our house and were pleasantly surprised.  Then a quick trip to Target for some impulse purchases. 

It was a great day, but I have to say my favorite moment was while I was saying prayers to Reese that night, she interrupted and said very genuinely "happy birthday mommy." It was my first birthday to hear that and I teared up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment