Thursday, August 9, 2012

School at MTA

Well, I was a big ol' blog slacker for all of summer camp.  Here is a picture of Reese's first day of school at Madison Traditional Academy's preschool.  She has to wear uniforms which are just adorable.  Each morning this week, I get her dressed and then just have to hug and kiss her because she looks so cute. 

Her new teachers are Mrs. V and Mrs. April.  Mrs. V has been away from teaching for a number of years so I was a little nervous.  I am going to give her a couple months and hope everything goes well.  Mrs. April was one of the aides who worked with preschool at summer camp so I was happy to see a familiar face and know that Reese was too.  So far this week, there has been lots of paintings coming home and even a Reese's name in glitter that came home yesterday.  They were working on name recognition, which I know will be a snap for Reese.  I know a couple of the kids names from orientation last week but Reese is still learning them.  I am looking forward to a full school year of the same routine with the same people.  The bonus is that this preschool is just down the street and takes us 3 minutes to get there from home!  I love that!

Reese and I had to have a heart to heart last night.  She has been getting out of bed at night over and over and over again.  It is making me lose my mind.  On top of that, I have been having a hard time getting up in the mornings so bedtimes and mornings have become pretty stressful in our house.  Reese and I had a "Come to Jesus" talk last night as I unloaded the dishwasher and Reese sat on the floor in the kitchen.  I told her that I just get mad when she gets up and then I yell and it really isn't fun for anyone.  But I also said that I should be getting up earlier in the mornings so we made a pact that she would try to stay in bed and I would try to get up earlier.  She did pretty good for a while, then came into my room and said "But Mom, I just like getting out of bed." to which I replied "Yes and I like sleeping-in in the mornings."  When we were brushing our teeth this morning, I said "Hey, there wasn't any yelling this morning."  Reese looked at me said said "Well, maybe a little." and I said "And there was a little getting out of bed last night."  We said we would both try better tonight.  I love when we can have those talks and be on the same page about things.  I told her last night that it was just her and I and we had to work together.  I know there is a lot of change with a new school and routine so hopefully we will get this straightened out over the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment