Monday, August 13, 2012

Little Reese and her croissants

Reese was devastated last time we went to Fresh and Easy (a grocery store) because when we first came in they had one container of croissants on the shelf.  I told Reese that if they were still there when we were going to check out that we could get them, thinking that she would totally forget or be distracted with something else when that time came.  Boy, was I wrong!  Reese was devastated that someone else had taken them.

So, yesterday she did not want to go grocery shopping but we had no milk so we had to go.  When I said we would just go to Fresh and Easy, and that if they had croissants we could get some, Reese was ready to go.  She put on a leotard (why not, it is 115 degrees out) and some flip-flops then waited for me by the door.  Thank goodness when we got there, there was a container of croissants and Reese held them in her lap the whole time we shopped. 

When we got home she asked to eat one so I gave it to her.  She took a bit then looked at me like I had robbed her and said "But there isn't any sugar on it." Of course, she had never had one before.  So we had hot ham and cheese sandwiches on the croissants for lunch and she devoured it.  Then after nap-time, she asked to eat another.  I guess there are worse things in the world that she could be obsessed with.  Little Reese and her croissants.

No comments:

Post a Comment