Thursday, August 9, 2012

Adoption Motivation

I had to write an Adoption Motivation as part of the adoption process.  In light of the fact that we had some serious news about my sister today, I wanted to share this.  I wrote it just yesterday.


Adoption Motivation
August 8, 2012

The moment I saw Reese squirming around during the ultrasound, I knew that I would do anything in the world for her.  Privately as I sat there crying, I thought to myself “It is me and you, kid.”  I knew that it would be important for me to be there to show Reese the world and instill in her the confidence and knowledge that she could do anything.  She never asked for the hand she was dealt but I knew that she was given to our family to be the silver lining to that stormy cloud addiction had cast over us. 

            I have always known that I am a mother at heart.  I get great joy from being able to take care of and help people.  But I was never sure how motherhood would work for me until Reese came along.  Being able to care for her has made me recognize strengths within myself that I did not know where there, such as patience, unconditional love and realizing how strong I really am.  She has also made me become a better person by strengthening my tolerance for change and showing me the grays in the black and white world that I so often see.  She is eternally happy and silly which is contagious and causes me to smile and laugh more than I have in years. 

            I know that I can provide a safe, loving, and nurturing home for Reese.  I look forward to teaching and growing with her through the years.  I know that the world is a better place because she is in it and I know that I am very lucky to be the one to guide and love her.  She has been and always will be the most important person in the world to me and I look forward to being her adoptive mother.

Lindsey N. Powers

No comments:

Post a Comment