Monday, August 13, 2012

Pool Fun

Friends of mine have let Reese and I use their pool while they are out of town.  So far we have been able to go twice and I love that one on one time with Reese.  She was a little skittish the first time we went but loved when I did a handstand or a somersault.  The pool is pretty deep in the middle, even for me so we stay to the sides where Reese can jump off the seat ledge.  She was brave and would put her face in the water and we are working on kicking.  Formal swimming lessons just didn't work for us this summer so I tried to recall some of the things we did when I was little and had to take beginner swimming lessons for like eight summers straight.

The second time we went, I had picked up a little inter-tube that has been dubbed "Duck Duck." (see above)  He was a hit and even made it into the bathtub with her once.  She was upset when I deflated him but I promised he would come out again.  I also picked up a little life jacket type float for her.  It has panels that go in the front and back with bungees on the sides and a strap between her legs.  Amy recommended it and Reese loved it.  It doesn't inhibit her movement and keeps her afloat all by herself (which freaks her out completely).

I love that she refers to going under water as "under drowned."  She also liked to have me sit in front of her on the steps going into the pool so she can pretend to be my mom and put sunscreen on my back and arms.  We are both exhausted when we leave and it is nice to have some time outside together.

Aunt Karen bought Reese Dora goggles for when she is at her pool.  Makes me laugh every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment