Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Stove that Craigslist Bought

Yesterday was a day of introducing Reese to friends and coworkers.  We started out the day with a trip to Chandler's Sunset Public Library, where I interned last summer.  We attended Micah's family story-time, which I used to give with him.  Reese was a little shy but that was to be expected because a couple of staff members stopped us on the way in and were excited to meet her.  She did love when Micah read a book, it was the dancing that she as not crazy for.  Weird, I know.
They have remodeled Sunset since I worked there and it was fun to see all the changes and bright new colors.  Reese liked the elephants in the kids area!


Yesterday evening, Amy had a "Welcome Reese to Arizona" Happy Hour.  A couple of friends and coworkers were able to come and it was great to see the people that I am so used to seeing every day and let them meet Reese.  She was crazy for my friend Debbie's fiance, Jesse, who played with her and the Wazny girls all night.  She had to wear a fancy dress and did really well playing!  I had a glass of wine, some great food and much needed conversation.  It was really wonderful to have everyone together.  I have always known how important my coworkers are to me but this break and big change in my life are a good reminder how much I value them. 

I know that I can never repay Amy for all of her support, friendship and kindness that she has given me since we became friends.  I truly have no idea if I could do all of this without her friendship.  I am forever indebted to her and her family.  Once again, she went above and beyond.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment