Monday, February 20, 2012

Allison's visit

With the first week of preschool and work under our belts, the best thing that could have happened this weekend was a visit from Aunt Allison. 

Reese and I headed out to retirement after ballet class on Saturday.  Reese rocked her Purdue shirt which Allison was excited about.  This is the only picture I got and it doesn't do the day justice.  We rode in the golf cart to the park where Reese ran around and had a great time.  Steak was a big hit at dinner which means that I need to learn how to cook steak.  We had movie night because Allison brought Lady and the Tramp.  As soon as it started, Reese stopped her playing and sat down in front of the TV.  It was adorable.  We stayed the night there, which was our first night away from home. 

I didn't want to leave because it was so good to be around family.  I need that and I know Reese loved it too.  She was glad to be home on Sunday afternoon.  I then prepped for a grocery store run.  It took an hour to get my list together but it was worth it because I ended up saving 48% of my total bill.  It helped that Karen gave me a $25 off coupon but I felt like a rock star after check out.  Grocery shopping has become an art form.  I look forward to refining my skills, maybe I will be on Extreme Couponing!

No comments:

Post a Comment