Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mardi Gras

Happy Mardi Gras! 
Today is Reese and my first Tuesday evening together since she arrived in Arizona.  I have been attending PS-MAPP (Foster parent training) every Tuesday and Thursday evening since Reese arrived and completed the training last Thursday evening after ten sessions.  It was hard to leave her twice a week but I did learn a lot and enjoyed being with people who had some of the same struggles that I have. 

We had dinner with the Wazny's tonight.  My mom sent me a subscription of Disney's Family Fun magazine and they had some fun Mardi Gras recipes.  So, I thought I would try making shrimp etouffe!  It was served over rice, was super easy and good. 

I had to share this picture of the girls eating at the county because of Charlotte's face.  Too funny!

After dinner we came home and took a quick bath, had some ice cream and played a game of Candyland.  I finally won!  Of course, Reese chose Fox in Sox for me to read tonight.  That book is the biggest tongue twister ever.  It was really a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment