Tuesday, February 14, 2012

First Day of School


Yesterday was the first day of preschool!  We have started with half days so that I can finish my foster parent training and she can get used to school.  I was so nervous but the morning went very smoothly and she even ate a waffle!  We went in to school and I almost forgot to sign her in because I was so nervous.  I gave her a hug and kiss then went over to the book and when I turned around she was gone.  She had gone out to the playground with the other students! 

Mrs. Milli is an aide in her class who helps with the mornings so Reese just went right along with her.  I am glad that there is someone with her that she knows.  When I picked her up, her teacher said she only told her once that she missed Aunt Lindsey and that she did really well.  She only a half of a half of her peanut butter sandwich at lunch and she said that she didn't go potty but she had no accidents so I was happy. 


It was nice for me to be back to work.  It is nice to be in a familiar place where I know what I am doing.  The Library looks great and it was so nice to see my coworkers.  I was really nervous about being a working mom because my mother stayed at home with us but I get it now.  I have worked so hard for this career and I love that I am not giving it up.  It is something that I love and I know that I will be a better mother because I have a fulfilling career.  At a time when so much has changed and is changing, I am glad that the Museum is there to be a constant and give me that reassurance that in time this will feel like normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment