Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sick


Reese called me into her room at 3am and said her stomach hurt.  She was hot and ended up throwing up, thankfully in the toilet.  We moved to the couch where she watched an episode of Caillou and I tried to get comfortable for the rest of the night on the love seat.  She slept in until 8am and had a fever of 100 when she woke up.  I decided that today would be her first sick day so I called her into school and of course the minute I did that she perked up and was eating Cheerios. 

I ended up taking her into work for a couple hours so that I could answer a couple of requests and get training on a new copier function that I will need to teach my volunteers.  Thankfully, it was Tuesday and the Library was closed but a couple staff members stopped by and she met a couple of my volunteers.  She had everyone wrapped around her little finger.

Lunch and naptime went well.  Then of course I got an optical migraine for about a hour so a tried to function while being partially blind.  We did video chat with Uncle Kent for his birthday today.  There was lots of snuggling, movies and coloring. 

I am learning how this whole taking care of a sick person other than myself works.  I get nervous and my worrying kicks in.  Will that ever go away?

No comments:

Post a Comment