Sunday, February 12, 2012

Last day of getting acquainted...

Good Morning! 

Yesterday and today included a number of video chats with Sophia, who spent the night at my dad's house.  I know that Reese was looking forward to seeing her because we talked about Sophia a lot.  She has started walking which is so awesome to see.  It is very drunken sailor and her hair is adorable.  I know that Reese and I both miss Sophia, hopefully we can start video chatting more.

The highlight of today was washing the car.  Reese was so excited to help!  She kept saying "I can't believe it..." and I would say "You can't believe what?" She would reply, "How fun this is!"  I just kept thinking that she wouldn't be thinking that if we drove an SUV.  She of course was soaked by the end but I can see out of my car again so I am happy.

We decorated valentines for school today and then Reese found the finger paints.  I have two masterpieces drying on my counter right now. 

Reese starts half-day preschool tomorrow and I head back to work while she is there.  My hands are sweating I'm so nervous.  I have everything laid out and ready to go, with a bag to go to school and a bag to go to work.  I know that she will do great and really it is four hours but I cannot seem to shake these nerves.  When I put Reese to bed, I told her what was going to happen while she is at school, like play on the playground then talk about the calendar and read a book, then snack-time and so forth.  She asked me to repeat it three times.  I think she is a little nervous too.  I hate that this time for us to spend together is over but I know that she will love the independence that preschool gives her and I know I will enjoy the sense of accomplishment and adult interaction that work gives me.  We are just going to have to find our new routine.  I hope I can sleep tonight and that I don't cry all day tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment