Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Decorations

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

We traded Christmas trees with my Aunt Karen this year because Reese told me my tree from last year was too small.  We started to put it up the Saturday after Thanksgiving and the finished it the next day.  Reese was my little helper!





I had picked up these little stockings after Christmas last year in hopes that I could get an advent calendar together this year.  And I did it!  Please do not judge the clutter of my bookshelves.  These stand out a lot more in person.

Each day has a little activity or treat  for Reese, most of which I picked up last year after Christmas.  She is loving it so far, though she is a little greedy and wants to look in every day.

Reese helped with the nativity this year.  Each day I notice that people have moved around.  I asked Reese not to touch it so it is either they are coming alive at night or someone cannot resist the urge.  Please notice that baby Jesus got the boot from the manger and that John Denver and the Muppets are over looking the scene.

Amy made me this BEAUTIFUL tree skirt this year!!  I had been using the red cape that I bought and wore the year that I was the Queen of Hearts for Halloween at the Museum.  It was time to become an adult.  Plus Reese now loves that she has a red cape in with her dress-ups.

We even put up Christmas lights this weekend!  We had to run out last night and check them out as it was getting dark out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment