Tuesday, December 18, 2012

2012 Ornament

I wanted to start a new tradition where Reese gets to go pick an ornament each year so yesterday after school we stopped by the Hallmark store (because I had a coupon and store credit) to pick one out.  When we first walked in I heard someone yell "Reese!"  We looked to see Reese's best friend from school, Nicolette, there with her mom doing the same thing.  Nicolette picked a Buzz Lightyear ornament and it was adorable hearing the two of them talk all about it.  As Nicolette was leaving, she yelled "Good-bye to my best friend!" and Reese yelled back "Good-bye, Nicolette!"  It was adorable.  Reese then had to examine almost every ornament but finally decided on Merida from Brave.  She looks pretty great on our tree and I imagine her coming to life at night and shooting down other smaller ornaments.

This morning Reese was in the living room and supposed to be getting dressed for school.  I called to her to say her underwear had to go in her hamper to which she replied "I can't!"  So I said "Why not?"  "Because I can't reach 'em."  To this I came into the living room and found her underwear hanging from the hook where her stocking hung.  She had apparently thrown them up into the air so that they landed perfectly on this hook.  Classy addition to our Christmas decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment