Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekend

Reese and I had a weekend with nothing really planned and no big events but turned out to be a great weekend.  We had dance on Saturday morning then picked up a couple things at Fresh and Easy.  Reese did a great job so her special treat was fudgsicles.  We had lunch then she tried one out.  It was a mess but a cute mess!  Matt ended up mowing my backyard which was a nice treat so during nap time, I finished my book then finished a hat for Sophia and watched some Dexter.  Post-nap we went to Amy's so the girls could play witches then had pizza and played a couple board games.  

Sunday Reese was up really early but that means I got a lot done in the morning.  I made up a batch of homemade apple sauce and was able to video chat with Maria and her boys.  We were also able to chat with Sophia, Grandpa, Uncle Kent and Aunt Kathy then headed to Michael's for some craft-therapy.  Nap-time was easy because she was up so early then Uncle Bob and Aunt Karen came over for chili.  It has been a long time since we have seen them so it was very nice to have them over.  They played in the yard while I finished up dinner then we ate (Reese was not so hot on the chili but she tried it so I was happy and she loved the corn bread).  We were even able to play a game of Candyland before they headed home.  Reese hopped in the tub for a bath while I cleaned up the kitchen then we had a dance-party to the Blues on NPR.  It was one of those actually relaxing weekends that are the best but nothing really notable happened so they are easy to forget.  But those are really the ones I don't want to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment