Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall Baking!


I have been dying for the weather to cool off so that I can open up the house and turn off the air conditioning.    But alas, it is going to be over 100 again today.  But this heat has not stopped me from celebrating my favorite season!  This weekend I pulled out the Halloween decorations and Reese helped me decorate (aka she hoarded a couple things she likes into her room and hung window clings on the back door).  We also made our first batch of homemade apple sauce on Saturday for our dinner with friends.  Reese was in charge of cranking the apple corer peeler slicer.  She loved it and it was fun to have her help.  Last night we made zucchini bread and I remembered how fun it is to bake with my little helper.  She is getting better at not exploding the contents of the bowl everywhere when she stirs and kept wanting to go check on the bread while it was in the oven.  It was wonderful to smell the bread baking and we have a string of witch hat lights that I hung around the kitchen window so it warmed my heart to see the glow of the lights and smell something baking in the oven.  I picked up a couple cans of pumpkin this weekend so I see the first batch of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies in the near future!  I also have more apples so I cant wait to make apple crisp!  I love fall baking, almost more than Christmas baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment