Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Shower time

Bath time for Reese had gotten very routine.  She started to dread it about a month ago when she had always looked forward to it and she always has fun playing in the tub once I can get her in.  She had talked about a time when she took a shower with Mommy Adrienne and she didn't like it.  But last night she asked if she could take a shower instead of a bath.  I moved the shower-head so she could have a safe space without with water towards the back then stood there outside the tub so that I could help to wash her hair.  She had a blast.  A lot of water came out of the tub and onto me but she listened really well while I washed her hair and then she told me to go away so she could play.  I told her okay but just for three minutes, to which she replied "no four, no five, no eight minutes.  That's a long time."  She even asked if she could take a shower tomorrow.  I'm so happy that this was able to add some excitement to something that had become routine and that she had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment