Monday, September 24, 2012

WM3

I first learned about the West Memphis Three during a criminal justice class at IU about a decade ago.  We had to watch the documentary Paradise Lost and discuss the case.  Like many who have looked at the case, it was hard for me not to support the men who had been locked away for a crime they did not commit.  I followed everything to do with the case over the years with the second documentary, sending cards and books to Damien at times.  Last year while I was in Indiana taking care of the girls, Damien, Jason and Jessie were released from prison.  It was a relief to hear and then watch other the past year as the men have adjusted to life outside bars. 
Tonight Damien had his second stop on his book tour for Life After Death at Changing Hands.  Amy was amazing and came along for mom's night out.  We got there close to when it was beginning so we were not able to get a seat.  Amy stood there and listened eight and a half months pregnant without even being able to see.  Because I called months ago to order a book for the signing, we were in group A which meant that we were about fifth in line to meet Damien and get my book signed.


Here I am not believing that we are almost about to meet Damien Echols!
 



Yay!  I'm so happy to support Damien and the West Memphis Three!  Thank you to Amy for attending with me and leaning about the case because I care about it.  I know that a decade ago I would have never imagined that I would be able to shake Damien's hand and tonight I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment