Thursday, July 25, 2013

ugh, i'm old

For my thirtieth birthday, I woke up and started planning our trip to the UK then we got ready and headed up to the Art Institute of Chicago to see the exhibition, Impressionism, Fashion and Modernity.

When we got to the Art Institute we stopped at their cafe for some soup and snacks before diving into art. 

The exhibition was AMAZING!  I am so glad that I was able to see it.  The show combined amazing impressionist paintings with period dresses that in many cases were the actual dresses that inspired the paintings.  

You wouldn't know it from our pictures but Reese was not having the best of days which stressed out everyone in the Art Institute (or it felt that way).


We stopped at Millennium Park to see the bean.

And Allison joined us for the day!

Then played in the water.

We had cake at my dad's house.  I am laughing here because when they sang, Reese said "dear Lindsey" and my dad said "dear mom."

Then we packed up and headed to the Indiana Dunes to camp with my mom and Marc.  Reese was in a much better place at the dunes.  We went to the beach the next morning, had candied onions for lunch then headed back to reality.  It was a good birthday weekend despite a lot of tears had by Reese and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment