Monday, July 8, 2013

Camping/ALA

Reese and I headed up to the Indiana Dunes a couple weekends ago so that she could have a wonderful time camping with Mimmie, Marcer, Josh and Sophia while I attended the American Library Association Annual Conference at McCormick Place.  We both had a great time.

bedtime stories with mimmie

I missed out on the beach... maybe next time.

I did get to hear Temple Grandin speak about autism and her newest book.  I cried pretty much the entire time.  What an amazing experience to hear her speak.


Then I went to see Ann Patchett speak.  She was inspiring and kept recommending books.  My "To Be Read" list just keeps getting longer and longer...

Fun with Sophia


My library swag.  I can't resist a free book so I didn't.  I grabbed every one I could.  I have learned my lesson to being a car top carrier next time I attend the conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment