Sunday, July 7, 2013

First Indy Adventure: IMA

Since I interned at the Indianapolis Museum of Art in the Summer of 2004, I have held it close to my heart.  I was very excited to be able to take Reese to the IMA!

She was excited to blow the dandelions in the parking lot.


I love the look on her face in this one!

My love with Robert Indiana's Love sculpture.

We first went to the Ai Wei Wei exhibition.

Then we colored in the African Art Gallery.

The exhibition in the fashion gallery was African textiles.  When we walked into the gallery, Reese said "it smells like Africa in here."  I couldn't stop laughing.

These are smuggled photos that were forbidden but I just had to.  It is a floor in the contemporary galleries with little plastic army-like men with their hands up in the air, holding up the plexiglas floor.


Reese loved he entrance where the air vent blew up her dress.

Then we walked over to the Lily House lawn to have a picnic.


It was a beautiful day!

Then we walked to the 100 Acres where there is all kinds of fun contemporary outdoor installations.







Reese started to lose it here so we headed home.  She slept in the car and woke up to surprise milkshakes because I couldn't resist.

We had a wonderful time.  I cannot wait for our next IMA adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment