Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Family Fun

Because my dad was able to stay for a week, Reese was able to stay home with him on Thursday and Friday while I went to work.  On Friday, they came to the Museum for a bit where we went to Fireflies, the PhxArtKids Gallery and the Thorne Miniature Rooms (which Reese claims we have not been to before!).


Then we went to lunch at Lucky Boys, a frequent drive-thru stop for Reese and I.  She has been very much wanting to eat inside but we usually grab it on the way home and I do not want to stop so we haven't.  But this day we did and despite the picture above, she was very excited!

Banana shakes and burgers!

Friday night my dad was able to watch Reese so that I could attend the Lit Lounge at SMoCA to see a coworker read.  It was very hard to leave Reese who was in tears because she didn't want me to go and I had a hard time thinking of anything but her for most of the night.  The Lit Lounge was fantastic and I recommend it for everyone.  Then we went to a "Whiskey Bar" afterwards to chat and catch up.  It was nice to have a night our with my friends but it is really hard to turn off the mom in me.

Saturday we had a slow going morning then headed to Target and Five Guys for lunch.  After a much needed nap, we went to Ikea for dinner and some shopping there.  Reese was able to go to the Ladybugland for a little bit too!

Sunday we had a big breakfast, cleaned up and played before Grandpa had to head to the airport.

It is very hard to say good-bye and I think I have heard "I want Grandpa" about ten million times since Sunday night.  I'm glad he was able to spend Christmas with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment