Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome to 2013

Reese and I welcomed in 2013 by sleeping in and then heading to the $2 movie theater in Tempe to see Hotel Transylvania.  It was perfect for Reese with a hotel full of monsters.  She was a little scared at first but then settled right in and watched intently the whole time.  We got popcorn and an icee, kind of a big deal.  After the movie we stopped at Changing Hands Bookstore where I picked up a desktop calendar that I have been eyeing and Reese got a used copy of Jumanji.
 
I didn't think Reese would nap today so I suggested that we have some quite reading time in my bed.  Reese looked at about four books and then was out.  When she woke up I told her that I fell asleep and asked if she did.  She said "No, well maybe for a second."  Or an hour.

Post-nap we had fun with the big yellow (sort of brownish) ball, rode bikes then Reese played drive-thru on her bike to our kitchen window while I made dinner.
 
It was nice to be able to have two days off to get back to normal.  I am sad that the Christmas and all of the magic of the season is over.  Now I have to gear up for a birthday and all the possibilities that 2013 will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment