Thursday, January 24, 2013

Fence

Reese has started standing at the fence at preschool to watch me as I leave her.  I turn around every two seconds to wave or say that I love her.  If I have gone too long without turning around, she will yell something to me.  She moves down the fence as I walk to the parking lot then she waves as I get into my car to leave.  When I sit down in my car to go, I cry every time.  I absolutely hate having to spend forty hours a week away from her.  As much as she tries my patience and pushes my buttons, I wish with all of my heart that I could be a stay-at-home mom so that I could have that time with her.

I wanted to put that in writing so that when she grows older and thinks about having a working mom, she knows that I would have given anything in the world to be able to stay home with her.  We have both started talking more about how much we miss each other when we are at school/work.  I think she needs to hear just how much I think about her and miss her while I am working.

1 comment: