Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Break

Since Reese is in preschool instead of day care, she has holidays off and spring break.  It snuck up on me and thankfully my dad was coming into town to hang out with Reese for two of those days.  Monday and Tuesday, Reese came to work with me.  We had to leave for a home visit with our kinship caseworker on Monday and then get home for a nap.  (During that Monday nap, I spent an hour and a half on hold with AHCCCS, AZ health care, to try and get someone to look at the application that I had submitted in January.  Thankfully, someone did and I was able to get her health insurance in place.  Victory!)  Then on Tuesday, we came into work early and left early afternoon to make a WIC appointment and then get home for a nap.  Reese did not seem to have her listening ears on for Monday but Tuesday she was a total rock star.  I think knowing what to expect had something to do with that. 

When I was little, I remember going into work with my dad on Saturdays.  He would let me draw on his dry erase board and I thought it was the coolest thing in the world.  I can only hope that Reese has fond memories of hanging out at work with me and coloring on the dry erase board!

Tuesday night Reese was picked by my Aunt Karen and Uncle Bob to have her first overnight at their house without me.  It was so weird having a quiet house.  I proceeded to head to Walmart to finish my purchases for my foster parent home inspection and Reese's Easter basket.  I came home and drank about half a bottle of wine and read in the bathtub.  Reese spent the day out there so that I could work a full day then I drove out to pick her up.  It was so wonderful of my aunt and uncle to watch her for me and I was not worried at all about her enjoying herself.  I loved that my aunt kept sending me text updates.  The verdict is that I don't like it when Reese isn't here.  (yes, even on a night like tonight where I am up worrying)

No comments:

Post a Comment