Friday, March 23, 2012

Alford Visit

A couple of weeks ago, my cousin Kari and her wonderful family came to visit from California.  They stayed with my aunt and uncle in Surprise so Reese and I headed out on Saturday to spend the day with them.  Kari has a little girl and a little boy who Reese falls just in between age-wise.  Reese was a little shy at first then warmed right up.  For me it was so wonderful to not be the only family member threatening time-outs and having to run to the bathroom mid-conversation.  Kari and her family visited for my graduation party but it was such a crazy weekend that I don't feel like I was able to have a conversation with her so this was perfect.  The weather was beautiful so we played outside and went for a walk (the girls were having a hard time listening during the walk which was not fun for us adults).  We also played with puzzles that Kari had brought and Reese loved playing with the cars.

It is always nice being around family where I don't have to explain how we got here and I don't feel like I am being judged on my parenting.  Kari and her family just live in San Diego so I am looking forward to Reese and my first road trip to visit them, hopefully this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment