Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Wonderful Day

Reese and I started out the day by looking at her one year book that Annie made for her.  Reese really enjoyed seeing her loved ones and herself when she was little.  We ended up going through it three times today and I have a feeling that we will again tomorrow.

We went to the park with Amy and Charlotte this morning and Reese was a doll.  She listened well and played nice with Charlotte.  She sometimes has a hard time with sharing and taking turns but we are getting there.

Lunch time was cute because I told Reese that I put some love in her chocolate milk and she decided to take it out and give it back.  We played a game of tossing my pretend love around then we read a couple books and she was ready for a snooze.

After nap time we ate some ice cream and video chatted with my mom then took a walk with the wagon and played outside.  We found the little green grasshopper again and we played jail (Reese closing the gates with me on the other side of them).

Then I made some crab pasta salad while Reese played with some water and cucumbers in a bowl.  She didn't like the crab but ate a lot of the pasta, green peppers and cucumbers so I was happy.  We chatted with my dad while Reese finished dinner and took a bath. 

We we had popcorn and watch Cinderella!  Emily had suggested (brainwashed) that Reese's favorite princess was Cinderella even though as far as I can tell she had never seen the movie.  We borrowed it from the Wazny's and Reese was enthralled.  We snuggled and when it ended she looked at me and said "again, again!"  Thankfully, I had a Cinderella book so we read that twice and then it was bed time.

There really wasn't anything to make this day exceptionally special but it was a really good day.  No big tantrums, lots of smiles and laughter, and all around a good day.  I think we are starting to fall into a routine and Reese is starting to understand what to expect throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment