Saturday, January 21, 2012

Two Things are Official

First is that Reese is officially a Phoenix Public Library user.  We went to the library today and she was able to get her own library card.  She was more interested in playing in the kids section than looking at books to check out but I know that will change.  The library is doing a centennial reading program (Arizona turns 100 on Valentines Day!) so I picked up a form and look forward to getting Reese excited about reading programs :)  We are currently reading a new-to-us Sleeping Beauty book over and over again.  We bought it last night at the library book sale and I think I have already read it 15 times. 

Secondly, Reese can officially sleep through anything.  After a later-than-I-hoped bed time and many "Hey, Aunt Lindsey"'s coming from her room, the police helicopter decided to come around.  We live close to the Phoenix Children's Hospital and downtown Phoenix so helicopters are not anything new but goodness that police helicopter is loud.  It is like they took the muffler off and it only comes around between the hours of 10pm and 4am with the giant spotlight going, then it just keeps circling for what seems like forever.  I like the idea that it is helping to catch criminals but I do not like it keeping me awake or worse worrying that it will wake up Reese.  So tonight the 'copter was out and I just kept looking out the window like giving it nasty looks would make it go away.  Then the new old-style alarm clock that I bought for Reese's room decided it was time for the alarm to go off.  That stupid little piece of metal started to go back and forth between the bells and made me jump out of my skin.  After I realized what it was and that it wasn't criminals trying to hide from the helicopter , I sprinted to Reese's room ready for the battle of getting her back to sleep.  Nope, she had not even moved!  I was so worried about music from the bar down the street keeping her awake but now that I know that she can officially sleep through anything, phew.  One less thing to worry about!

No comments:

Post a Comment