Friday, January 20, 2012

Outside

One thing that Reese and I have enjoyed this week is playing outside.  It is in the high 60s here in Phoenix so we have been able to spend time out in the sun everyday.  Amazing Amy bought us a wagon which has been really fun and we have borrowed Katherine's old princess bike so today we tried learning how to pedal.  I just realized that I am getting to teach her how to ride a bike which is such a staple of childhood.  I'm excited to be a part of that.
This morning we ran around the front yard after having a picnic in the back.  I started picking weeds and found a little grasshopper.  Reese loved trying to catch him as he jumped all over.  Then, we came inside and read from Disney's Family Story Collection because it had a story from A Bug's Life that included a grasshopper.  I have always been nervous about reading out loud so I never could have imagined how much I loved reading out loud to Reese.  

No comments:

Post a Comment