Friday, January 20, 2012

The Hunt for Chocolate Ice Cream

Reese and I made homemade fried rice and egg rolls tonight for dinner.  She loves being able to help with dinner and I am just happy that my brain is thinking of healthy fun dinners that I know how to make and that Reese is enjoying.  After dinner, we went to the Library Booksale and picked up a couple new-to-us books and then went in search of chocolate ice cream.  Who knew that you can't get chocolate soft serve anymore?  I didn't, especially when I promises it to Reese.  When I was little we would drive to Dairy Queen in our pajamas and each get a cone and then drive around while everyone ate their ice cream.  Reese was SO excited and I am happy to carry on the tradition.  We stopped at three places to see if they had chocolate ice cream, the third being Dairy Queen since I thought that was a sure bet but nope.  No chocolate ice cream in a cone anywhere.  What is the world coming to?  Thankfully, Reese didn't get upset and was just excited to be eating an ice cream cone, and it definitely wasn't as messy as it could have been!

No comments:

Post a Comment