Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Visit from Grandpa

In March, my dad came out for a long weekend.  He came to help me out during spring break when Reese did not have preschool to attend.  He watched her on Thursday and they picked me up for lunch at 5 Guys then we walked around the Museum for a bit.   



That night we had my dad's friend, Brian, over for homemade pizzas that Reese and I made.  Brian is great with kids so Reese just ate it up. 

On Friday, I went to work while Grandpa and Reese went out to my Aunt Karen's house for the day. 

On Saturday, we celebrated St. Patrick's Day with the Irish Cultural Center.  We went to the parade that I told my dad would last 20 minutes but ended up lasting an hour and 20 minutes.  Reese had a great time and the weather was perfect.  After the parade, we went over to the Faire at the cultural center and had a Smithwicks and corned beef and cabbage while watching some irish dancing.  Reese was a trooper but we were all exhausted by the time we got home.  In and Out burgers for dinner and some running around that night.

Sunday we went to church, Costco.  Then Monday, I went back to work and my dad and Reese ran some errands that took everything off of my "to do" list.  It was very helpful to have him here.  Everything just seemed easier with an extra set of hands around and Reese loved having him here. 

With their Monday errands, Grandpa bought Reese a big yellow ball.  It was like he bought her the Taj Mahal.  She loves that thing to this day.  We play kick in the yard four or five times a week!

I know that Reese and I are looking forward to Grandpa visiting again!

No comments:

Post a Comment