Thursday, April 19, 2012

All About Reese

This week was "All About Reese" at school!  We made a poster that talked about all of Reese's favorite things.  Then, I was invited to her class this morning for a time when the other students get to interview Reese and learn more about her.

Mrs. Casey uses this exercise to teacher the kids about asking questions and how to learn more about new friends.  Reese was so excited and just shining.  She didn't want me to leave her class but at dinner tonight she told me that she cried a little but Milo told her not to worry, that I would be back to get her later and I was!


And when I picked her up, she was filthy! 

NPR just did a story about how we should let our kids get dirty because those that are kept in a sterile environment actually ended up being sicker because they weren't introduced to bugs, so as to build up their immune system.  So, I am feeling pretty about my dirty little girl!  I love when she is completely oblivious to the dirt and mess she has all over her face. 

And yes, she is reading a giant version of Goodnight Moon in the car.  It was the gift of a friend, who thought she was buying a small board book for a baby shower but ended up with the largest, library story-time version of the book.  Reese of course was just excited by a new book and the fact that it was huge, was just a bonus!

Reese Quote:  Today Reese decided that she needed to bring a bracelet, a book, a stuffed animal, and a paper cut-out fish in the car on the way to school.  It was all balanced on the book and came tumbling down in the kitchen.  As she picked it up, she said "Ugh, I only have two hands!"

No comments:

Post a Comment