Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easter

Good Friday was a spring holiday at school so we had the Wazny girls down to play in the morning.  Then, we headed to their house to color Easter eggs!


The Gierman family decided to celebrate the holiday on Saturday at my Aunt Karen and Uncle Bob's house.  Reese enjoyed the best part of strawberry pretzel salad, licking the beaters!  This was the first time Reese has been a part of our Gierman holidays.  She loved playing with Ella and Jackson.  (I am mad at myself for not getting any pictures.)  Then, crashed on the way home.


The Easter bunny was very nervous about a little someone waking up and spoiling the fun.  Her basket over flowed and fifty eggs were hidden all over the house. 

This was her discovering the couple of eggs.  She was SO excited!

It took forever but she found all of the eggs and was equally excited with each find.

I made bacon for the first time in my life and I am proud to say it tasted great!

Rookie mistake: I left Reese in the living room with a chocolate bunny and told her just to eat the ears.  When I came back from cleaning up the kitchen, I found this and no more chocolate bunny.  I guess this is what Easter is all about.

The neighborhood had an Easter egg hunt and potluck in the afternoon.  We missed the egg hunt because Reese needed a nap.  She didn't know she had missed anything.  She had a great time playing with the neighborhood kids!

2 comments:

  1. you are such a great mom! However I'm a little disappointed that you're almost 29 years old and have NEVER made BACON?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would I have ever needed to make bacon? I have lived alone for a while (and no one needs to make and then eat a pound of bacon) and before that I lived with a vegetarian. In college I always lived with Amber who was a great cook so I never had to do it. But now that I have a mom status, I feel like I need to get with the game when it comes to cooking. We are trying lots of new things.

    ReplyDelete