Friday, April 20, 2012

Books

I picked up Reese from school today, picked up Ronald McDonald's for dinner then headed out to the avenues to the Friends of the Phoenix Public Library book sale.  Reese got so excited when we first got there.  It was nice to know that the excitement I always feel when I get there is something that she feels too.  We found this Heidi book and she had gave the loudest gasp and said "I love this book!"  It is so much fun to see her so excited about buying books.


It is getting hot in AZ, which I am not looking forward to.  We came home today and it was 92 in the house.  I have learned that I am not the most engaged parent when I am sweating.  Hence Reese sitting between my legs watching Scooby Doo (hence her face).  I broke down and turned on the air which I wouldn't normally do but it looks like triple digits for the next two days and I really enjoy being an engaged parent and not being "weaty," as Reese would day, and irritated.  I think it is going to be a long summer.

Reese Quote:  On the way out of school today, Reese told me "she had a run in with Seneca today and had to go into time out."  I asked if she had a fight with her and she said "no, just a run in."

1 comment:

  1. triple digits? nothing a box of runts and a bottle of water can't fix!

    ReplyDelete