Wednesday, January 6, 2010

the trip out west


snow in Illinois

Route 66 totem poles in Oklahoma


Indian Trading Posts in Oklahoma - i recommend the buffalo burger and fried pickles!

a sunset in Texas while my mom looked for a cache

Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo, Texas


Little Gracie resting at our new home in Phoenix

Thankfully my mom was able to make the trip to Arizona with me.  It made three days of driving fly by.  We rang in 2010 in Amarillo, Texas with PB&J sandwiches and a bottle of champagne.  She was able to stay for a couple days to help me get settled in castle house.  I was very sad to see her go and the evenings have been very quiet here.  It is something I need to get used to after the past 5 months of family.  I am planning a trip back to IN in February to see Reese for a long weekend.  I really dont think I would have been able to leave if I didnt know that I would be back in just 6 weeks to see her and everyone again.  It has been sunny and warm in Phoenix which is definitely helping my mood.  It was very weird being back at the Museum again but having Amy and her family only four houses away really helps a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment