Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Headless Horseman at Conner Prairie

Maria and I took Reese and Dominic to Conner Prairie for their Headless Horseman event on Sunday night.  I have been prepping Reese for weeks.  We bought a copy of the original Legend of Sleepy Hollow, have listened to an audiobook version of the story, read a picture book, watched the Disney version, and even watched the Legend of Smurfy Hollow.  Okay, I might have gone overboard but I like when we have a story to both be excited about and talk about.  I like having things like that to share with her.  I also wanted her to be prepared so in case it is scary she knows what is going to happen.

We watched a marionette show of the story, which Reese loved but Dom did not and had to leave halfway through.  We visited a monster museum and snacked on apple slider slushes and popcorn.

love these two!

The kids made monkeys fly with a catapult.

We met Holly Ween.

And played music.  This tent was awesome.  There was a hippie man who played really loud kid-friendly but not obnoxious music and had tons of instruments, purchased and handmade all over a tent.  It was the loudest thing I have every participated in but was so much fun!

The place was packed so the tickets we got for the headless horseman hayride were for 9:15pm and we didn't make it.  It was a school night and I had prepped Reese that we could come back if there were things she didn't get to do. So it was no big deal at all when we left.  It was a fun night with friends.  I think we may hit it up again this Sunday night and try to do the hayride this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment