Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Busy and Fateful Day

I woke up this morning earlier than normal but didn't get out of bed until my usual time so I was surprised when I was dropping Reese off at preschool five minutes early!  Then the sunrise was just gorgeous.  It reminded me of an Arizona sunset.  Cotton candy clouds!

I had started researching doctors for Reese yesterday and then last night she told me it hurt when she peed.  I, of course, became nervous when I heard her say "ow" this morning when she went.  When I called about a recommended doctor taking Reese'e insurance, of course they weren't taking anymore patients.  Then I called about plans and figuring out how it all worked and instead of the hour and a half wait to speak to a human like in Arizona, two rings and there was a human, a human who was kind and helpful, it was a miracle.  She explained everything and updated Reese's record.  

I consulted Reese's second mother about taking her in to get her bottom checked out.  Then I made an appointment at the Kids Express, an urgent care for kids, where a coworker's wife works and recommended.  

I had some comp time to I was able to leave a half hour early, pick up Reese, stop by the library to drop off and pick up some things.  Then it was off to dinner.

We pulled into the parking spot at Panda Express and right in front of the window was a poster that said "Kids Eat Free on Tuesdays."  Thanks for the reassurance that I am in the right place at the right time, God.  Reese thought it was amazing that we were able to have Panda Express and eat there.

The doctor check-up was super easy.  They checked her pee and no bugs so they think it is not an infection just some irritation.  The doctor was awesome and explained things very well.  My coworker's wife was so welcoming and helpful.  I also received two recommendations for doctors that are taking her healthcare.  It was really a great experience and I feel pretty good to be ahead of the game on health things.

Reese needed new tennis shoes and we were on that side of town so we hit Meijer before heading home.  New shoes for both of us, a new bath towel for Reese and a horse ride later and we were finally headed home.  It felt amazing that everything worked out today and it was nice to spend that extra time with Reese getting things done.  I have been missing Reese pretty badly during the workdays and I needed an evening and day like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment