Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Baby Hummingbird's Brother

On Sunday, the baby hummingbird's brother decided that he was done being in the nest too.  So, maybe I took the little one to Liberty prematurely but I live in a construction zone with stray cats at every turn.  I hope he is better there. 

Goodness, his brother is cute!  He has set up camp outside my door so I have to be crazy careful about where I am walking. 
He calls for his mom every once in a while, which is a short cheep that is really high pitched.  Usually once you hear that noise, his mom comes around to feed him but she is very skittish.  This morning I was able to catch both of them!

I have been spending an obscene amount of time watching out for this little hummingbird.  He is just so cute, I want to see what he is going to do next.  Who needs television when you have baby hummingbirds?

Also in good news, I have a REFRIGERATOR!!!  I was able to buy groceries yesterday then put them in a fridge and this morning, I made myself a sandwich and ate a yogurt for breakfast!! I know this sounds weird but just try living without a refrigerator in your home for 6 months.

1 comment: