Saturday, June 5, 2010

Update

It is a fact that I have been slacking in the blog world.  In my defense, the end of my spring semester crept up on me with two 20 page papers due and then everyone in my life decided to have major events happen. 

Right now, I cannot believe that it is June.  Didn't I just move back to Phoenix?  Wasn't it just the holidays?  Where did the nice weather go? (it is supposed to be 107 degrees today.)  I start my summer course on Monday, Children's and YA Literature in a Multicultural Society.  I am really excited for this course.  It requires an intense amount of reading but this reading is of children's books, which I love to read anyway.  I have already been to the library and come home with an arm load of books from the children's section.  I think this is going to be a fun class.

My friend Sandra moved back to Canada.  It happened so fast and I just talked to her this week for the first time since she left.  I am still in denial that she is gone.  But this opened up a chance for me to work in the Art Research Library at the Museum for a couple days a week to keep the place going and give me some great experience.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to train with Sandra for more than an afternoon, so the first couple of weeks I wanted to cry a couple times a day when I worked up there.  This week I feel like I was able to help in a significant way and it is make me less nervous about going in every day.  I have a feeling with this work to do and the summer class that this summer is going to fly by. 

I was able to take a couple of trips in between my semesters so I will blog about those each at a later date. But now on to some random pictures that I haven't shared yet.


Here are a couple pictures of little Reese when I went to visit the last time in April.  She gets cuter by the minute!
Sandra and I went to the Carnegie Library to see Jana Bommersbach speak about The Trunk Murderess, which was named One Book AZ this year.  The library was amazing both for its building and its history.  Jana was wearing Winnie's key to the mental hospital on a necklace that day, so I took a couple stalker pictures.  If you look closely you can see it :)

Lani and I are pretty amazing at making banners, garland, pennants... whatever you call them, we are good at it!

Last but not least, Charlotte turned 1!!!!  Since I have returned to Phoenix, I have been part of the Wazny family.  They have graciously let me live in the back of their home and welcomed me in as Aunt Lindsey.  I was so honored to be a part of Charlotte's first birthday party!  She started walking on her birthday and hasn't stopped since.  She is so smart and beautiful, and she always knows the moment when you need a hug.  I still cannot believe that she turned one...

Ok well, that should hold you over for a little while.  More to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. It's great to read what's going on in your life! Keep it comming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah....Thank you! Finally a new blog! It is great to see pics and hear what is happening in your life.

    ReplyDelete