Sunday, July 11, 2010

San Diego!

For the Fourth of July weekend, I took a road trip to San Diego to visit Kristina and her family.  I cannot believe it has been four years since Kristina and I worked together but thankfully when I showed up at her house it felt like we had just worked together the day before.
She has a beautiful family with Paul!  Jack and I hung out a lot.  Here he is with his mom.  Jimmie wasn't so sure about me but we got along pretty well. 

We went to little italy for an amazing dinner and then drinks on Friday night.  There was a lot of catching up to do and poor Kathleen, Pat's girlfriend, put up with our inside jokes and stories of people from the past very well. 
Saturday we took a trip to La Jolla with Jack.  It was chilly and overcast but I enjoyed every second because it was not 110 degrees.  We saw the seals and had amazing Chicago style hot dogs then headed home to hang out and make ribs on the grill.  That evening Kristina, Jack and I went to the San Diego Zoo which was beautiful at night and we were able to check out of the Symphony of Birds, which included a bald eagle that flew right over our heads.  It was pretty great.

Bloody Mary Sunday got the best of both Kristina and I so we spent most of the day at Waterfront then went back to the house to get ready for fire works.  We went to the Coast Guard base and were able to see 5 different firework shows.  They were amazing!!  Possibly the best fireworks I have ever seen, and I love fireworks. 

I really needed to get away and this was the perfect place.  I hope to visit again soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment