Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

I had a wonderful weekend in Chicago with my cousins! We started out with dinner at this great Costa Rican restaurant where we were able to sit outside and we drank wine named "Vampire" because vampires are in right now, ha! Saturday we started the day with pumpkin spice lattes - really the best way to start a day. Then we walked over to the Renegade Craft Fair. Wow, it was amazing! Every booth had something creative and I recognized people from blogs and etsy. It was nice to see the faces behind the creativity. I was waiting in line to get some lunch and heard my name, I turned around to see Zach! I worked with him in Phoenix until he went to graduate school in Illinois. It was a nice surprise to see him. We topped off the day with Regina Spektor at the Chicago Theatre. She is so delicate and her songs are so important to me. Sunday was apple cider at the farmers market in Wicker Park then bagels and coffee at this great shop, the craft fair again then the Harry Potter exhibition at the Museum of Science and Industry.

I had been looking forward to this weekend for a while and I am sad that it is over but I want to make sure that I get up to the city as much as I can during this time. The time with my cousins along with the hustle and bustle of the city is very comforting and I miss it when I am away.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a great weekend lindsey! no pictures??

    ReplyDelete
  2. not on my digital camera but i took some on my little 110 camera so we will see...

    ReplyDelete