Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Baby Times

Reese attended her first story time at the library on Monday - Mother Goose on the Loose.  The woman who ran the program is the same woman who ran the story times when I was little so I was having flashbacks to my childhood.  She was the youngest one there and had a hard time with taking turns - she cried whenever it wasn't her turn.  But she did dance and sing when they played songs which was really cute. 

 She started crawling last week but it was awkward and she often reverted back to the inchworm scoot.  This week she has the hang of it and is getting faster by the minute.  She lifts her left arm up higher then necessary and it makes her look like a soldier.


 She also has started pulling herself up on things. It is amazing to see her standing or kneeling there knowing that she did that on her own.  She isn't completely steady up there so it is also scary.
Reese and I spent the afternoon at Oak Ridge Prairie - a county park in town.  The only times I remember going there is for sledding down the big hill.  The weather is starting to cool off and I cannot wait to watch the leaves change there.  They have a bike path through the woods and a lake with geese.  I think I will take Reese in the front carrier sometime next week.  She dissected a leaf while we walked through the woods then we played at the park there.  It will be fun when she is walking and can run around the park - that time will be here before we know it. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Leaves changing colors...I am not familiar with that concept. Its so cool to watch Reese's progress!

    ReplyDelete