Thursday, February 21, 2013

Wonderbox - project #2

Last night was the perfect night for our second Wonderbox project and here is why:  When we were at the Grand Canyon this weekend, we saw a rainstick at one of the stores.  We also had really weird weather yesterday with rain/snow/slush/sleet/hail (and we had most of that during my drive to pick up Reese after school).  So after dinner last night, we pulled out the Wonderbox (sent from Aunt Kathy, Uncle Kent, Aunt Annie and Uncle Dan for Reese's birthday) and made the next project which was a rainstick!  It was so clever and Reese had a great time making it.  She was in charge of putting it in her room while I cleaned up the table and when I went to take a picture of it, I couldn't find it.  Reese was very excited to be able to use it "like an instrument in a parade!"

Though it was nice to have some extra sets of hands here last week, I found that I really missed reading to Reese.  I am happy to have that time back with her.  We also have been really good about being on the same page.  We haven't had many fits or attitude this this week.  She has been on green in class every day and she has been very loving, needing lots of hugs and say "i love you" at random times.  I know this will not last and that I may be cursing it by just writing it but I really love these times when it feel easy.  It makes me miss her a lot while I am at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment