Sunday, February 10, 2013

Nurse Amy

Today I had another reminder as to why I am not ready to leave Phoenix or Amy.  Reese was running around after dinner and caught her toe in the grate on the floor and got a big cut.  I freaked a little because I am not good with medical things and I felt like I wasn't sure if she would need a professional or not.  So I called Amy, who came right down with medical supplies and a sense of calm that made everything feel better.  She took a look at it and wrapped her toe up, then went on her way.  Because Reese was going to get in the tub when the accident occurred, we decided to have a sponge bath instead and to wash her hair in the sink.  It was a fun change from the norm and took away from Reese only thinking about her foot.  I am sure that I could suck it up a little more instead of relying on Amy when things get a little scary but the support of another adult with a second opinion just seconds away is something that is indescribably valuable to a single parent.

Also, her daughter sold me seven boxes of girl scout cookies today.  Doesn't get much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment