Monday, November 12, 2012

Aunt Kathy's visit

I'm so glad that during a video chat with Aunt Kathy a couple months ago I mentioned needing a babysitter for Veteran's Day because Reese didn't have school but I had to work.  Veteran's Day happened to be observed on her birthday so as a celebration she decided to come to Arizona for a long weekend. 
 
Kathy and Karen came into town to pick-up Reese on Thursday night (both Reese and I cried when we had to leave each other) then I drove out after the conference on Friday to spend Saturday and Sunday in retirement.

Saturday morning we headed to the playground at a school by my Aunt Karen's house.

It was three stories tall and gave me all kinds of ulcers.
 
Then we headed to Target for some fun browsing and shopping.

Then had a late lunch at Paradise Bakery where Reese and I shared a bread bowl of baked potato soup then she decided she wanted to eat the lemon out of our water.  Her faces were priceless.

On Sunday we headed to the playground again then back for a quick lunch and nap before we headed into Phoenix to celebrate Alicia's 21st birthday.  Reese enjoyed the flamingos in the front yard, playing with Jackson and Ella and the cake.

Then we headed home with Aunt Kathy.  Reese spent the day with her today and had a wonderful time.  It was very hard taking her to the airport and we had to head outside to wave at her airplane as it flew to Chicago.  I am so glad that she was able to come for a visit and I know that Reese was too.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment