Monday, November 5, 2012

Grandpa's Visit

My dad was able to fly in Halloween night and stay through the weekend.  He was able to be there for our adoption hearing and celebration pancakes afterwards.  Reese loved having him here.  It has through a wrench in the reality that we have known because now she wants to live back with him Sophia and the dogs.  It hurts my feelings but I understand that she doesn't truly understand what is going on. 

We spent First Friday down at the Museum where we fed imaginary apples to Ponder, the horse.

And colored masks for the Day of the Dead.
 
On Saturday, Dad took Reese to Brian and Randi's where they are Subway and went swimming, while I went to the Author's Luncheon with a few docent friends.  I have been for three years now and I glad I was able to go again this year.  The authors were amazing this year!
 
Sunday my dad played with Reese while I took care of all of the household duties.  It felt good to be able to get things done here and know Reese was having fun while I was.  It was a quick trip and it is hard on Reese to understand how this works but it was still nice having him here.

No comments:

Post a Comment