Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summer Embroidery

I am interning at Chandler Public Library's Sunset Branch this summer.  I work there on Mondays and Saturdays and then work at the Museum Tuesday through Friday ten hour days.  It is a lot of being on-the-ball which is tiring but I knew that I would like something to motivate me in my down time.  (Also Amy and her girls went to Michigan for three weeks so I am a little lonely.)  I am taking a web embroidery class through Wild Olive (http://wildolive.blogspot.com/) called All in the Details.  I love her blog and embroidery patterns! (I am a member of her Pattern of the Month Club, too.)  The class started this week so here is what I have made so far...

A jar lantern with a firework on it.  Simple and super cute!


Then, this was supposed to be a wreath but I don't really have a place to hang a wreath so I made a door-knob hanger for the 4th of July!

I also bought some bunting for the front of the house.  I don't have a photo and it is dark outside now so I will have to share that later.  It is smaller than I imagined but still festive!

No comments:

Post a Comment