Monday, October 4, 2010

Trick or Treat Bag for Reese

I decided on a whim in the middle of a trip to JoAnn's last month to make a trick or treat bag for Reese.  I don't know how it happened but it is already October, so I decided that I needed to get my bottom in gear.  Of course, I had a vision and thankfully I have Amy to help me make it a reality.  She helped with ideas, vocabulary ("you know, block letters" "applique?"), supplies (fabric, glow-in-the-dark ric-rac, ribbon) and talking me through the details.  She promised that I would have this done by Mad Men and sure enough, I put on my list stitches five minutes before Mad Men started!  Here is the process...

And the finished project...
the font
the back
stripes inside...

My wonderful friend, Maria, sent me a package to celebrate my new job!  It contained this bag and package of postcards.  I laughed out loud when I saw them!

Thank you, Maria!

2 comments: