Friday, October 15, 2010

My Library

 The Lemon Art Research Library at Phoenix Art Museum

My office... with a window and door!  I am still cleaning it out but it is definitely starting to feel like my own.  I was very stressed last weekend about starting in the Library, but after being there for a week, I am much more comfortable than I realized.  I am always amazed at how much I have already learned in school and can apply.  I counted today and realized that I am managing twenty docents and volunteers who make the Library run.  The place really couldn't function without them.  They are all very welcoming and I am looking forward to working with them.
The view from the back hallway looking towards the front.

The reading room and the Astaire Fashion Library
And the stacks - the library houses about 50,000 volumes!

I am very excited about my new position and feel like after this job, I will be able to work in any library.  I can't wait to show it off when I have visitors next :)

I also won tickets to see The Color Purple at the Orphium Theatre this weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. Look at all those books!! How lucky they are to have you, and how lucky you are to be surrounded by books all day long!!

    ReplyDelete