Thursday, November 19, 2009

Shedd Aquarium

Reese and I had another Chicago adventure with Allison! We visited the Shedd Aquarium on one of its free days.  Unfortunately, you still had to pay if you wanted to see the dolphins or penguins or whales so we didnt get to experience them.  But we did see a number of fish and Reese saw them too!  I pushed her stoller up to a tank that had turtles swimming and she looked in then pointed at the turtles and looked at me like "do you see those things?"  It was fun to watch her - I think Allison and I spent more time watching Reese than the fish but that is how it goes when you have a cute kid with you.  We also had a really nice lunch at the resturant there, which surprised me.  It is hard to see but in this picture the city skyline is behind the doors.  It wasnt exactly what I expected but we still had a fun day at the aquarium!

If you look beyond Reese (which I know is hard to do) there is a sting ray swimming - this was the coral reef and my favorite part.

1 comment: